Psychology - Admissions
1. Requirements for submission of application:
Croatian citizens of lower socio-economic status, whose average monthly income per family member does not exceed 65% of the tax base for 2023, have the right to compete for the two available places in the admission quota for students with waived tuition fees, provided if they have:
- completed secondary education in the Republic of Croatia;
- passed the mandatory secondary school exit examination with at least 4.3 grade point average.
2. Quota: 2 enrollment places
Registration and enrollment application documents are submitted electronically to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Psy Scholarship - Name Surname)
The following documents must be submitted in electronic format (pdf or jpg format), with the application:
• Certificate from the Revenue Office on revenues generated in 2022 (that the average monthly income per family member does not exceed 65% of the tax base for 2023 (441,44 eur)– as defined in Article 39 of the Act on the Execution of the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia for 2023, Official Gazette, 145/22). The calculation of income per family member includes the total income and non-taxable income listed in Annex 1 to the Ordinance on the conditions and procedures for achieving the right to state scholarship based on socio-economic status (Official Gazette 110/2022).
• A statement (certified by the notary public) about family members in the shared household. The Personal Identification Number (OIB) of each family member must be listed. Family members include: spouses or extramarital partners, children and other relatives who share the same household, earn a living, earn income in another way and spend it together. A child under the age of 26 who is not at the same residence but is finishing a university degree in another place of residence, is also considered a family member.
• Curriculum vitae (Europass format, https://www.europass.hr/europass-dokumenti/zivotopis)
• Photo (standardized passport photo, minimum resolution 150 dpi);
• Copy of the proof of citizenship (birth certificate);
• Motivation letter in English outlining reasons for applying to the undergraduate university study of Psychology (500-800 words);
• Copy of proof of completion of secondary school (a complete record – all years – of secondary school education) and proof of the secondary school exit examination.
Applicants whose exit examination takes place in the current year need to submit a signed statement stating the applicant's score on the exit examination and a screenshot with the applicant's and the examination grade.
• Applicants who are not native English speakers must submit proof of English language competencies (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE). Cambridge and Oxford certificates issued by foreign language schools outside the Republic of Croatia are also recognized. Applicants who do not have proof of English language competency at the time of enrollment can take the test at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split on July 10, 2023.
• Proof of payment of the enrollment fee paid to the account:
Bank: OTP banka d.d., Domovinskog rata 61, 21000 Split, Hrvatska
Recipient: Filozofski fakultet, Poljička cesta 35, 21000 Split, Hrvatska
BIC (SWIFT): OTPVHR2X
o 45 EUR for applicants with proof of English language competency.
Purpose of payment: "Psychology Selection"
Authorization number reference: 226/218
o 90 EUR for applicants who must take the English language proficiency test at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split.
Purpose of payment: "Psychology Selection + English"
Authorization number reference: 2261/218
(Please note that the enrollment fee is non-refundable, and bank transaction costs are covered by the applicant.
In addition to the required documents, the applicant may submit additional documents (which may give priority during the selection procedure): letters of recommendation (maximum of two letters), evidence of additional academic, athletic or philanthropic achievements such as participation in national and international secondary school academic competitions, acquired status of athletic excellence or participation in volunteer programs
Deadlines for submission of applications for tuition-waiver places: June 1 - July 28, 2023.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
4. Selection procedure
Applicants who have submitted valid and complete documentation enter the classification process, which begins by sending a notice with an invitation to an online interview. The invitation to the online interview will be sent to the applicant via the enrollment application's e-mail address no later than September 1, 2023.
On the day of the online interview, at least 90 minutes before the start, the candidates will receive by e-mail a short text in English describing research or knowledge in the field of psychology. During the online interview, which will be conducted in English, committee members will discuss various topics with the candidate, including the above-mentioned text.
The interview will be evaluated according to the criteria established by the Regulation of the undergraduate university study program Psychology
The ranking list of scholarship contenders will be published no later than September 18, 2023.
Mandatory documents required for enrollment:
All applicants with the right to enroll need to submit the following only as original documents:
• Certificate from the Revenue Office on revenues generated in 2022;
• A certified statement (by a notary public) about family members in the shared household;
• Proof of citizenship (certificate of nationality generated from the e-Citizens system is accepted);
• Document stating the Personal Identification Number (OIB) of the applicant, if it is not stated in the certificate of nationality;
• Proof of secondary school completion (certificates of all four grades);
• Final certificate of secondary education.
• One color photo (format 3,5cm x 4,5cm);
• Copy of the identity card;
•Birth certificate (a birth certificate generated from the Croatian e-Citizens system is recognized).
Enrollment: September 29, 2023.
According to their ranking on the list of contestants, based on the points from the classification procedure (online interview) and achievement in secondary school education, candidates have the right to enroll in the study program until the enrollment quota is full.
Candidates with the right to enroll without the obligation to pay tuition fees should accept the terms of study by sending a message to the following e-mail address: email@example.com no later than 24 hours from the date of the public announcement of enrolled candidates. If the candidate does not accept the conditions of study within the specified period, they lose the right to enroll and the notification about the right to tuition-free enrollment will be sent to the next applicant on the ranking list. Applicants who do not submit the required original documentation within the deadline lose their right to tuition-free enrollment.
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split reserves the right to cancel the study program in case of an insufficient number of enrolled tuition-paying students.
For all additional inquiries and information, applicants can refer to firstname.lastname@example.org
The official reception for the 1st year of the study program Psychology will take place on Monday, October 3, 2022 at 10 o'clock, in the classroom P3 (first floor)
Before coming in person to enroll in the study program, candidates should fill out the form for creating a student card (X-card), save the file as name.surname.docx, and send it electronically to the address: email@example.com (see instructions for filling it out here).