In modern social and economic circumstances, lifelong learning has become an integral part of education systems. It is intended for personal and professional development and increases competitiveness and employability in the labor market through verified programs.
The Center for Research and Development of Lifelong Learning at Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split – CIRCO was founded in 2011. Since then, it has been successfully operating to promote lifelong learning, emphasizing the acquisition of teacher competencies.
Senate of the University of Split, i. e, the Ministry of Science and Education, has verified the existing programs of the CIRCO center and, according to the Law on Education in Primary and Secondary School, the competence required for teaching and pedagogical work in school is mandatory.
Numerous experts with many years of experience in the field of pedagogy, andragogy, psychology and other fields, as well as numerous teachers and associates from practice, participate in the Center’s programs, which significantly contributes to the quality of our programs attended by more and more students every year.
Verified programs of the Center for Research and Development of Lifelong Learning
- The program of pedagogical – psychological – didactic – methodological education is intended for students who have acquired a minimum of 180 ECTS credits during their previous schooling and who want to be teachers. The program lasts two semesters and participants acquire 60 ECTS upon completion.
- The program for acquiring pedagogical competencies for vocational teachers, teaching assistants and mentors is intended for participants who have not completed higher education and want to be vocational teachers and teaching assistants. It is intended for those participants who want to be mentors to students in the implementation of practical classes and exercises at employers. The program is coordinated with the Law on Education in Primary and Secondary School, it is formalized by the Ministry of Science and Education, so the participants obtain 60 ECTS at the end of the program.
Programs intended for the acquisition and improvement of teacher competencies in higher education and the development of higher education curricula
The Center offers modern, attractive and interesting educations and workshops intended for the acquisition and improvement of competencies of higher education teachers and the development of higher education curricula. Workshops and educations are implemented by higher education teachers with many years of experience and are prepared depending on the specific needs of other faculties and higher education teachers. Some of the topics covered so far are:
- Communication and group dynamics in higher education
- Learning and teaching strategies in higher education
- Motivation and self-efficacy in higher education
- Contemporary higher education curricula
- Competence approach in higher education
- (Self)evaluation in higher education
HOW TO ENROLL?
All information about our programs and the enrolment process can be found on the Center for Research and Development of Lifelong Learning website or contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, telephone: 021/545-551.