The course aims at introducing the basic theoretical and ideological concepts of multiculturalism in order to thus encourage critical discussion on issues of cultural, national, religious, ethnic, etc.. Identities. In this context, the goal is to start a discussion about respect for fundamental human rights, civil and minority rights.
The introductory lecture
1. The concept of multiculturalism
2. Political ideas: freedom, equality, justice, tolerance
3. Pluralism or universalism of culture, race, identity.
4. The individual rights and collective rights
5. The idea of affirmative action and political correctness
6. Multiculturalism and Citizenship idea or ideas of cosmopolitanism
7. Multiculturalism and communitarianism
8. Multiculturalism and Liberalism
9. multiculturalism and interculturalism