The aim of the course is to acquaint students with theoretical concepts in toponymy, methods used in it and previous toponymic research in the eastern Adriatic coast. Through the introduction of toponyms and their linguistic basis, students are introduced to the cultural, historical, geographical, demographic and economic conditions on the eastern Adriatic coast. By independent (field) research of toponyms of the selected area, students are trained to study and explain their etymology and etiology, which finally gives a complete insight into the development and legality of naming geographical areas or populated areas, and through them insight into cultural, religious, traditional, ethnological, sociological and historical and national basis of toponyms. The main objectives of the course will be realized continuously through the study of Croatian coastal toponymic heritage, corpus collected (field research), its consideration and thus preservation of toponyms as permanent linguistic monuments that have recently disappeared and lost their function in the minds of residents / heirs.
- Skok, Petar: Slavenstvo i romanstvo na jadranskim otocima
- Skračić, V.: Toponomastička početnica: osnovni pojmovi i metoda terenskih istraživanja (odabrana poglavlja)
- Skračić, V.: Toponimija vanjskog i srednjeg niza zadarskih otoka (odabrana poglavlja)
- Šimunović, Petar: Istočnojadranska toponimija (odabrani dijelovi)
- Šimunović, Petar: Bračka toponimija (odabrani dijelovi)
- Šimunović, Petar: Toponimija hrvatskoga jadranskoga prostora (odabrani dijelovi)